Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Can't Read

  Last week I was raving about how I ordered some really great sock yarn for a project. I guess I didn't read the description very closely, because it's not what I thought. The yarn is spun onto three pound cones, but is sold by the pound, not by the cone. So, when I ordered "1" I got one pound, which is not enough for a blanket. It's still a really good price for sock yarn though, so I went ahead and ordered 2 more pounds. (comes out to about $4.50 per pair of socks, which is much less than the $20 I usually pay for hand-dyed yarn!) So I'm still excited about the purchase.

  And I've decided on a color scheme and dye pattern. Now, I just need the snow to melt and the weather to warm up so I can work outside (that way I don't have to worry about dripping & staining anything!)

  In other news, it's Spring Break for Katrina, so yesterday we drove down to Chicago to the Field Museum. They have an exhibit about the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago - one of Karl's favorite subjects. They were exhibiting some artifacts from their collection which were also exhibited at that World's Fair. It was pretty cool to see those things - some were shown in their packing crates because they were too fragile to remove all the way. We were disappointed that there wasn't more about the actual fair itself. We did learn a few things, so it wasn't a complete loss.

  And today's Spring Break activity? Shoe shopping with my mom! (YAY!)

No comments :