Saturday, October 4, 2014

Moving along...

The seasons are moving along at a nice clip. We had some snow flurries last night (supposedly - I didn't see them). The leaves are falling, the chickens are molting too so it's a mixture of leaves and feathers in the back yard.

A few weeks ago, we took advantage of a beautiful day and went apple picking. The tiny trees were loaded, and it only took a few minutes to pick 20 lbs of apples!
Notice my award-winning sweater!
I volunteered to be Karl's support at his cyclocross races. 
He had a little "incident" at the race in Lake Geneva.
That's NOT where the seat belongs, Karl!
We also went to see the pros race in Waterloo.
Both Jeremys in one shot!

Katrina doesn't enjoy cyclocross as much as her parents do.


Katrina tried out for Jazz Band at school - she worked really hard on her audition music - we'll find out on Monday if she made it. She's also joining the 8th grade "bucket band" for the upcoming talent show. I'm not really looking forward to her practicing that music at home.

I tried out a new look for our LMS dances - Rosie the Riveter. I think it's may favorite because it's the easiest. Jeans, a denim shirt, red socks and loafers!
Yeah, I know - the purple hair clashes with the red bandanna.

My grandmother's name was Rose, so I think it's fitting...

No comments :